Consequence of Sound

Idris Elba has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

In a video posted to social media, the 47-year-old British actor said that he was tested on Friday after learning he had been in contact with someone who also tested positive. Elba has been in quarantine since then and received confirmation of the positive test on Monday.

“I feel ok, I have no symptoms, so far, but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus,” Elba explained.

Elba encouraged his fans to wash their hands and to practice social distancing. He added, “Transparency is probably the best thing right now. If you’re feeling ill, if you feel like you should be tested, do something about it. It’s really important.”

“We live in a divided world right now, now the time for solidarity,” Elba said to close his remarks. “So many people whose lives have been affected, from those who’ve lost people who they love, to people who’ve lost their livelihoods. This is real.”

Elba joins Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson, Universal Music head Lucian Grainge, and actress Olga Kurylenko as prominent entertainment figures to have contracted the virus.

Idris Elba Tests Positive for Coronavirus
Alex Young

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

CONTACT US

Sending

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?