Harry Styles seemingly paid tribute to his late ex-girlfriend Caroline Flack on the red carpet at the Brit Awards 2020, by wearing a black ribbon of mourning.
The ‘Adore You’ singer wore the subtle tribute to Flack on the label of his suit as he arrived at London’s O2 Arena on Tuesday night. It came after the TV presenter took her own life last weekend.
Praising the gesture on social media, one fan wrote: “Fair play to Harry Styles for wearing the black ribbon at the Brits in tribute to Caroline.”
Another wrote: “Harry Styles has not said a word regarding caroline flack, has worn a black ribbon and wearing a badge saying treat people with kindness. can only give the guy respect for his modesty tbh.”
Styles’ tribute came only hours after Russell Brand paid tribute to Flack in a lengthy Instagram post, in which he urged social media users to harness the power of kindness.
He said of Flack: “I am sad because she was a lovely little person, a real laugh, a dynamo and the idea that she had been so drained of hope by her circumstances chokes me.”
Other tributes to Flack have come from musical figures including James Blake, who urged society to find “compassion and empathy”.
For help and advice on mental health:
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day